Formal sector employees residing outside of Viti Levu and who are affected by the pandemic will need to apply on the myFNPF app for the Government-funded unemployment benefit from 25 August 2021 to 1 September 2021.
As per the 2021-2022 National Budget Announcement, the key criteria to be eligible for the assistance is the need to have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 7 August 2021.
Individuals, who have yet to download the myFNPF app, need to do so in order to apply for this assistance.
“We are working closely with Government to help affected individuals outside Viti Levu submit their applications, and it is important that members contact the Fund directly should they need assistance with the mobile app,” Fund Chief Executive Officer Viliame Vodonaivalu said.
Criteria for application
Affected individuals will need to meet the following criteria to be able to apply:
- 18 years and above
- Is unemployed;
- Resides outside of Viti Levu
- Have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine by 7 August 2021;
- Double dipping is not allowed. Individuals assisted under any of the FNPF COVID-19 unemployment relief are not eligible for the Government assistance and likewise individuals assisted by Government are not eligible for FNPF COVID-19 unemployment relief.
The following are not allowed to apply:
- All civil servants
- All other employees in the private sector and statutory bodies who are still receiving employment income
- All those on FNPF pension scheme
- FNPF Voluntary members
- All students on Tertiary Education Loan Scheme and Toppers scholarship receiving normal allowances and all social welfare recipients
Individuals will need to provide the following details when applying on the myFNPF app:
- a) Full name;
- b) Birth Registration Number;
- c) Date of Birth;
- d) TIN number;
- e) FNPF number;
- f) Voter Identification Number;
- g) Residential address
- h) Declaration to confirm if the applicant has received his/her rst jab of COVID-19 vaccine (YES or NO); o If YES, provide the place of vaccination;
- i) Consent for Fijian Government to access applicants vaccination details (YES or NO);
- j) Statutory declaration to confirm that all information provided is correct.
It is important that individuals applying for this assistance gather all of the required information beforehand. Incomplete, late or submissions containing incorrect information will not be considered.
Payment by the Fijian Government
The first payment of $360 will be made from 8 September 2021 onwards for the months of August, September and October 2021. The second round of applications and payment will be in 3 months to cater for November and December 2021, and January 2022.
As part of the criteria to be eligible for the second round of the $360 payment, you must receive the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before application submission. Funds will be deposited directly into MPAiSA or MyCASH accounts for eligible recipients
The Ministry of Economy will work in partnership with Vodafone, Digicel, Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Ministry of Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation, Fiji Revenue and Customs Service, Fiji National Provident Fund and Tertiary Scholarship and Loans Board to verify and process the applications.
Individuals who have a minimum FNPF General Account balance of $755 can apply for the FNPF COVID-19 Unemployment relief. Individuals that do not have sufficient FNPF General Account balance, as well as those who do not prefer to access their General Account, can apply for the $120 per month benefit from Government – but they cannot apply for both.