The Fijian Elections Office will be hosting up to 35 participants in an election visitor program designed to enhance their understanding about the manner in which elections are conducted.
Under the program, the participants will observe some of the 664 electoral processes that will kick-in during the 50 days, including the 112 media events, following the announcement of the 2022 General Election date.
To be eligible for the program, Supervisor of Elections Mohammed Saneem said that participants should be a registered voter, agree to vote via postal voting and be available for two days before and after the election day.
“In order to be eligible for the program, a person must be a registered voter, the person must apply for, once the election date is announced, a postal ballot and give us confirmation that they are already confirmed to be a postal voter,” Mr. Saneem said.
In anticipation of receiving international applications based on its 2018 intake, the FEO has allocated at least 20 spaces for locals and the balance to be taken up by overseas participants.
A similar program carried out during the 2018 election was attended by 13 participants including five locals and eight regional participants from Australia, the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste and Tokelau.
Members of the Election Disability Access Working Group, heads of Civil Society Organisations and Community / School Election Advocates are encouraged to submit EoIs’.
For your participation, the FEO will:
1. Ensure that you successfully vote via Postal Voting; and
2. Cater for all transportation, accommodation and meals for the duration of the EVP. Members of the public are required to follow the guidelines below:
1. EoIs’ are to be addressed to the Supervisor of Elections via email to firstname.lastname@example.org only. EoIs’ delivered in person or post will not be considered.
2. Your EoI should clearly outline the reasons why you should participate in this program.
3. When submitting your EoI be sure to include your full name, residential address, voter card number, phone and email contact.
The EoI should be submitted by 3.00pm on 31 October 2022. For any further information on this EoI, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Eric Drodrolagi on 3316225 or email him on email@example.com