PARENTS of older children must keep an eye on them in these difficult days. Fiji’s Commissioner of Police Brigadier-General Sitiveni Qiliho sounded the warning today over the recent increase in the number of juveniles arrested over breach of COVID19 protocols.
In the the 24 hours up to April 15, 14 of the 106 arrested were juveniles that breached both curfew and social gathering restrictions. A day earlier, 28 juveniles were among 117 arrested.
“The curfew hours remain from 8pm to 5am and parents and guardian must ensure their children are at home during these hours,” Brig-Gen Qiliho said.
“Parents and guardians need to keep a closer watch on their children and be aware of their whereabouts at all times.”
Meanwhile, of the 106 arrested overnight, 88 were arrested over social gathering breach a nd 18 for breach of curfew.
- Northern Division – 39 social gathering
- Eastern Division – 31 (20 for social gathering and 11 curfew breach)
- Southern Division – 18 (13 SG and 5 curfew breach)
- Western Division – 15 (13 SG and 2 curfew breach)
- Central Division – 3 for social gathering breach